In obedience to the biblical requirement that we “make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace” I agree and commit before God to:
1. Pursue reconciliation in my conflict with others, seeking and offering forgiveness, and whenever possible, resolving the issues that caused our conflict.
Matthew 5:23-24 Matthew 6:14 Luke 6:37 1 Corinthians 1:10 Ephesians 4:32
2. Practice forbearance and overlook minor offenses
Proverbs 17:9 Proverbs 19:11 Romans 15:7 Ephesians 4:2-3 Colossians 3:16
3. Talk directly with each other rather than talking about one another- “to talk to people, not about people.” This means I will not share with others that which I should say directly to another person, but have not said directly to that person.
Leviticus 19:16 Proverbs 26:20-22 Matthew 18:15-16 2 Corinthians 12:20 James 4:12
4. Be edifying in my discussions about other people.
Romans 14:19 Romans 15:2 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Ephesians 4:29 James 5:9
5. Hold each other accountable at Christ Our King if we violate our commitment to this Relational Covenant.
Proverbs 25:11-12 Proverbs 27:5-6 Galatians 5:1 James 5:19-20